Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fall River Dreams: Coach Karam Diary Entry

Time to go for the state championship to bring back to Fall Rivers. All of the teachers, students, and the whole community are getting involved like a family. There's been personal problems with me and Chris. Chris is a good player, but I have no other choice but to leave him on this team to help get that championship. Players have been missing key free-throws in important games. We may not have won the state title, but it was a pleasure to see all my players play to their best. It is a pleasure to watch most of them move onto the next level and especially Chris Herren. He may had a bad game, but he'll be one of my favorite players I coached.

1 comment:

  1. How do you think a coach might deal with the pressure of bringing a state title home to his school and community? I would love to see how you think people in high-pressure situations deal with the pressure and show it in your writing. I even wonder how the "big" stars deal with pressure. Think about how many fans are upset, angry, impatient, or disappointed when they make a mistake. It seems like that's a lot of pressure to put on coaches and players. No wonder so many of them turn to drugs and alcohol, right? Anyway, something to think about it. I'd love to keep up on what you're reading over the summer, check out my blog at princessleiasgalaxy.blogspot.com to see what I'm reading too. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete